Link update for critical thesis project on the close reading of poetry

This blog started out as a place to post the progress of my critical thesis, which was a study on the close reading of poetry.

http://bridgeteileen-commonplacebook.blogspot.com/search/label/project

It covered what it means to read a poem closely, the "parts" of a poem and showed some samples and commentary on close readings.

I closely read the poems of Emily Dickinson, Robert Duncan and contemporary poets Kimberley Lyons (like) and Meghan O'Rourke (dislike).

I studied essays about poetry from a range of poetic outlooks from Harold Bloom to Brooks & Warren (not be confused with Brooks & Dunn! derrr...) to Ezra Pound, Ellen Bryant Voigt to Robert Duncan and Charles Olson. I also consulted the works of critics Jonathan Cutler, "Literary Theory," and Susan Wise Bauer's "The Well Educated Mind."

I took advantage of my luck in having a fantastic advisor, Baron Wormser, and used the introduction to his fabulous teaching poetry book "Teaching the Art of Poetry: The Moves" as a help to sculpting my paper as well. (I used that book a lot this week for our third grade unit on mental imaging and poetry.)

Since I have changed the URL of the site, I hadn't reposted to the link to the project "in toto" so I figured I'd take a moment to do that.

http://bridgeteileen-commonplacebook.blogspot.com/search/label/project

Just a note: the project is posted from end to beginning.

Comments